Engineering physics deals with the physics of substances that are of practical utility. This book focuses on the changes in properties of materials arising from the distribution of electrons in metals, semiconductors and insulators. It covers topics on crystallography, free electron theory of metals, principles of quantum mechanics, superconductivity, properties of dielectrics and magnetic materials, lasers, fibre optics, holography, nanotechnology, acoustics of buildings and acoustic quieting, optics, non-destructive testing using ultrasonics, nuclear physics, electromagnetic waves and special theory of relativity.
I hope this book will be beneficial to both students and teachers of physics at various engineering colleges. Comments, feedback and suggestions for the improvement of this book are welcome. Any error that may have crept into the book inadvertently may kindly be brought to my notice, or to that of the publisher.
Printed Book ISBN - 9788131761632
eBook ISBN - 9789332571761
Edition - 1st Edition
- 248 Revision slides with detailed modules
- 40 Interactive animations
- 4 3D Objects
- Pre-built questions
- Strictly written as per syllabus
- Rich Pedagogy Includes
- Important Formulas are provided at the end of chapter
- Detailed explanations of topics
* One year of subscription from the date of purchase
* Prices stated above is inclusive of 18% tax applicable.